My 7yr old daughter suffers from anxiety. It’s not an easy thing to deal with as a family, and it’s heartbreaking to see how it affects her. So I’m always trying to find ways to help her make life a little easier to deal with. Her doctor has recommended starting a magnesium supplement to help.
Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant and it also regulates overactive nervous impulses. Insomnia can be a symptom of Magnesium deficiency so this also can help with sleep. It also helps your GABA receptors (GABA is what the brain uses to help calm and relax you). So with this information and advice from the doctor we ordered our CALM supplement.
Unfortunately Daniella was not a fan of the mix in water, so I was stuck. I needed a way to help her take this. She’s been having increasingly bad sleep, and her anxiety has been ramping up as school has started. So I remember another parent mentioned making gummies with the CALM supplement. So I found a variety of recipes online and decided to give them a try. Here’s a link to the one I’ve based mine on. I’ve done a couple different batches and so the following has worked best. I also found these fun Lego molds on Amazon, the kids loved the idea of making legos we can eat!
3/4 cup No Sugar added, Organic Juice (Easier to avoid food coloring with organic)
3tbsp CALM magnesium supplement
pinch of Sea Salt
1. Pour the juice in a bowl and whisk in the magnesium supplement until it is all disolved. It may look very foamy, that is totally normal.
2. Pour that mixture in to a saucepan (no heat yet) and whisk in the gelatin. Let the mix sit for a minute to let the gelatin bloom.
3. Put the burner on low/medium heat. Let it heat up the mixture until it becomes liquid.
4. Put your silicone molds on a baking pan for stability.
5. Pour the mixture in to a glass measuring cup. And then pour into your molds.
6. Refrigerate for about an hour and you should be able to pop them out of the molds.
I keep our gummies in the fridge and give a couple after dinner. My daughter has been sleeping great the past few weeks and her anxiety episodes have been lessened.
Hope this helps anyone else looking for some relief, also always consult with your doctor before adding any supplements. 🙂